For more information on post discharge stroke support, clink the link below
Surviving a stroke is the easy part,
for the survivor and their family,
the reality of living with the burden
of stroke when you return home,
herein lies the challenge!
Surviving a stroke changes your
dynamic and circumstances in life.
Sadly, there is a
major disconnect between
hospital care and post-discharge care
Accessibility to materials regarding
information and understanding (manual)
• Cost of required and appropriate rehab
• Cultural beliefs and general myths
• Lack of transport
• Lack of awareness
• Lack of available support structures
• Lack of National registry, resulting in survivors
being lost in the wind
Lack of post discharge support
determines the outcome of recovery
• Results in broken
• PDSS is an online platform developed in collaboration with
the Stroke Survivors Foundation and US based Strokefocus.
• incubated and created by a team of stroke survivors.
• PDSS overcomes existing barriers preventing post-discharge
support in SA
• PDSS technology offers the path of least resistance allowing
us to provide support, care and information dissemination.
For more of the above, visit the link above 🙂